About the Project
The Project Team
Moving Forward was built by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Mental Health Services in partnership with the Department of Defense National Center for Telehealth and Technology as part of a coordinated public health initiative to help Veterans and Service Members who are having difficulties. This free educational and life coaching program is based on a highly effective cognitive behavioral treatment program that has been used successfully with Veterans across the country.
We gratefully acknowledge our Partner Organizations for their generous contributions to the development of this program:
- VA Mental Health Services aims to insure that all Veterans have access to needed mental health care and advances the principle that mental health care is an essential component of overall health care.
- The National Center for Telehealth and Technology |T2| researches, develops, evaluates, and deploys new and existing technologies for Psychological Health (PH) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) across the Department of Defense (DoD).
- The National Center for PTSD aims to help U.S. Veterans and others through research, education, and training on trauma and PTSD.
- VA's National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention keeps Veterans well and well informed with news and information on health and wellness.
- VA VISN 3 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center’s mission is to investigate the causes and treatments of serious mental illness to enhance the recovery of veterans.
- VA’s Northwest Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center applies modern research methodology to the discovery and development of new and more effective treatments for mental disorders afflicting Veterans and the Active Duty combat personnel who will become Veterans.
- The Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) trains military and civilian behavioral health professionals to provide high-quality deployment related behavioral health services to military personnel and their families.
- Moving Forward: A Problem-Solving Approach to Achieving Life’s Goals, by Arthur M. Nezu, Ph.D. and Christine Maguth Nezu, Ph.D. (A program developed for Veterans in consultation with the Office of Mental Health Services of the Veterans Health Administration; revised 2013).
- A. M. Nezu, C. M. Nezu, & T. J. D'Zurilla (2013). Problem-Solving Therapy: A Treatment Manual. New York: Springer Publishing Co.
- Problem-Solving Style Quiz by A. Nezu and C. Nezu, used with permission. Nezu, A. M., Nezu, C. M., & D’Zurilla, T. J. (2007). Solving life’s problems: A 5-step guide to enhance well-being. New York: Springer Publishing.
- Perceived Stress Scale-10 by S. Cohen and G. Williamson, used with permission. Cohen, S., & Williamson, G. (1988). Perceived stress in a probability sample of the United States. In S. Spacapan & S. Oskamp (Eds.), The social psychology of health: Claremont Symposium on applied social psychology. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.