1. What are the hardware requirements?
- Speakers are recommended, but transcripts and closed captioning are provided for those without these items and for the hearing impaired.
- Headphones are optional.
- A microphone is not needed.
2. What are the software requirements?
- Web Browsers:
3. What are the required computer settings?
- The minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768. If you use a lower resolution than the minimum requirement, you may notice that the course is cut-off.
- Browser Settings::
Below is a sample of resources we have selected for you. To see the full list of resources, including videos and tip sheets, please open the course and select the “Resources” icon located on the left side of the bottom toolbar.
Recommended Tip Sheets
- Coming Home
- Parent-Child Positive Communications
- Talking about Your Deployment (PDF): When you bring up the issue, you are sending a powerful message that as a family you can get through any difficult situation.
- Child with Difficult Emotions and Behavior
- Discipline Tips
- Manage Stress and Emotions as a Parent
- Dealing with Emotional & Physical Challenges as a Parent
- Parenting with Emotional Challenges (PDF): Being a parent is challenging, and can be even tougher when you’re dealing with PTSD or other mental health concerns.
- Parenting with Physical Challenges (PDF): Injuries can be both “visible” and “invisible”. Often both visible and invisible injuries are present in the same person.
Behavioral Healthcare Resources
- Military OneSource is a confidential Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component members, and their families.
- Make the Connection connects Veterans and their friends and family members with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their lives.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services is an online locator for persons seeking behavioral treatment facilities in the United States.
- DCoE Outreach Center is a 24/7 help for those with psychological health and traumatic brain injury issues.