National Resource Directory (www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/nrd) is an easy to use, comprehensive database of services for Service Members, Veterans, and their families. It is a one-stop-shop that lists thousands of helpful resources, tools, and organizations, all conveniently organized by subject.
- The Defense Centers of Excellence's Outreach Center (http://www.dcoe.mil/Families/Help.aspx) offers service members and their families access to rained, professional health resource consultants with expertise in psychological health and traumatic brain injury.
- VA's Mental Health Home Page (www.mentalhealth.va.gov) provides Veterans with information on a range of mental health conditions, as well as convenient links to VA programs and services. It also has a locator to help you find a VA facility near you.
- If you are in crisis:
- Call 911
- Go to your nearest Emergency Room
- Call the Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255)
- Military One Source (www.militaryonesource.mil) provides Service Members and families help for virtually any quality of life issues including employment. The "Money Management" section of the website features financial information and resources.
- The goal of VA's National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP) is to keep Veterans well and well-informed. Their website (http://www.prevention.va.gov/) provides news and information on health and wellness, including a variety of healthy living messages and tips.
- The Military Health System's website (http://www.health.mil/I-Am-A) provides active duty service members, retirees, and their families with helpful medical news, information about programs, and links to TRICARE benefits and other services.
- AfterDeployment.org is a comprehensive online resource supporting Service Members, their families, and Veterans, with common post-deployment concerns. The website provides self-care solutions as well as links to coaching.
- Vet Centers (http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/) offer a wide range of free services to help with the transition from military to civilian life. Services include counseling for Veterans and their families as well as referrals to medical care or benefits.